You know, everyone loves getting mail. Except for junkmail that is. Although, some of those catalogs are fun to look at. Some are just crap. I know my girls love getting something delivered. They get so excited. That is, until they look at it and it's all bent up or smushed from our mailman trying to cram it all in the mailbox. I swear, I mean, is it really that hard to get out of the car and place a package at the door? I guess so considering one of our mailmen actually placed a package on top of our mailbox! Seriously?!! Come on! Glad it wasn't anything expensive.
The one we have now shoved a huge envelope in our box that had a large photo of my husband and daughter. It was marked clearly - Do Not Bend, Photo Enclosed. Yep, lot of good that did! Ugghh!
I get so frustrated. I understand you don't like your job and are probably just doing it for a paycheck but when you are in a job like this, it's a service. We pay for you to do this job. We expect our packages and mail will get there in decent shape.
I watch him pull up with the cigarette danglin from his mouth and folding up our mail and sliding it in the box. I just make a disgusted face.
I actually thought he may come to the door today. He got out and pulled out a small package. I was in shock. Then, I was brought back to reality when he walked over to the mailbox and shoved it inside with the rest of our mail. Of course he did! The extra 10 steps to the door might have been too much of a cardio workout for him.
I kinda feel bad talking about the Postal Service like this. I mean, after all, my inlaws have worked for the post office for over 30 yrs. My father in law retired a couple years ago. So, you think surely they would have the system down right? WRONG! I received a package for our girls the other day.... postage due - $3.22. They reused a flat rate box and only paid for standard shipping. I just looked at the bill and the note telling me to come to the post office and pay to pick up this package. This happens after we received a package from them that was suppose to go to my sister in law. They reused a box that was ours and forgot to remove our name and address off the bottom of the box. So, off we go to the post office and remail the package! We really should just ask for a check from now on. Ha!
Oh well, at least we get things from time to time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment